About Commonwealth Ballet
Photo by Liza Voll Photography
Kathryn Anderson and Chip Morris formed Commonwealth Ballet Company in October 1992. The Acton-based Company has produced over 65 dance programs since its inception. The company has grown over the years to produce critically acclaimed performances throughout Boston and Metro West.
Large Scale Productions
- Fully staged productions of The Nutcracker since 1998.
- A Spring production that alternates between a mixed-bill repertory program and a full-length story ballet. Recent productions include the repertory concerts A Small Thing, Lost and Intrigue, (which includied Aaron Copland's Hear Ye! Hear Ye!), and full length productions of Hans Christian Andersen's The Nightingale, The Secret Garden, and Beauty and the Beast.
- A Little Night Dancing, hosted by CBC with invited dance companies.
- Guest performances
- Workshops on music and dance
- Conduct performances and lecture/demonstrations in public and private elementary and secondary schools.
- Develop programs in dance and dance education with school districts, colleges, and universities, in the greater Boston area.
- Train young dancers in sound classical ballet technique, professional standards of theatrical performance, personal responsibility, and artistic excellence in the art of ballet.